Re: Yaesu Rotor Question

Richard Lawn wrote:
> I'm having trouble with my 5500 EL rotor reporting back to the software. I'd
> just like to disconnect the line(s) that carry that function so I can let
> the computer guide the AZ rotor while I deal with the EL rotor manually. Can
> anyone tell me which lines do what on the EL rotor?
> TNX
> Rick
> W2JAZ
Richard, there is no difference between the azimuth and elevation
rotor connections.  Both are five hundred ohm potentiometers.  Pin
one is one end of the pot, pin two in the center wiper and pin three
is the other end of the pot.  Azimuth is marked A 1,2,3 and elevation
is marked E 1,2,3.  Disconnect the wire marked E2, you will remove the
elevation feedback voltage to the controller box and the computer.
Cliff K7RR