RE: Operatiing Procedure on HamSat - Bandplan Idea

Hello,

For VO-52, is there enough passband to attempt to set off a simple bandplan?

E.G. A bit at one end of the passband, set aside for the One True Rule,
where all stations are computer locked, and a number of fixed-frequency
"channels" are allocated.

And there a small clear space so that and the following don't clash too
often.

And then the rest can be for more manual tuning, where signals are expected
to move around the passband a little.

Clearly this would only work if there is general agreement to try and make
it work.

The portion allocated to "fixed" and "moving" can be adjusted as required
over time to reflect what stations can operate in computer-locked mode.

What comments?

I think we should do it, and hence recommend it to AMSAT India to consider
this position.

Regards,
Jim Towler, ZL1TYF
Wellington