VO-52 Tuning

Just a quick note to report on using VE7WFG's "starting" frequencies:

I set up the radio per Bill's suggestion, but caught orbit #103 in
mid-pass, so by quickly tuning higher in frequency on my Tx, I found my
signal.

It was 435.253 for 145.900...roughly!  This was as the satellite was
approaching the north pole and footprint well north of most of you folks!
I had my power set at about 25w (by mistake) and heard a huge signal back.
I quickly reduced power to 10w and still had a respectable signal.  I have
about 3-4 dB of line loss to the 11-element UHF-yagi so maybe had 4w radiated.

KB2M's hint for switching the main tuning control to "TX" worked FB for
tuning my uplink.  Thanks Jeff!  I guess I can live without the sub-band
tuning knob on my FT-847 :-)

Ready for some QSO's on VO-52.

73's,
Ed - KL7UW  <new call>