Tonight on VO-52

Tonight I worked YY5FRD on VO-52 (Hamsat).  I'm not sure how often the
northern United States hears Venezuela on LEO satellites.  But it was
great to hear him there.

Is it my imagination, or does the frequency of VO-52 periodically "jump"
about 500 Hz?  I tuned to see if somebody was uplinking with
outrageously high power, but didn't hear any signal significantly louder
than the QSOs.  It didn't seem like the usual FMing of an overloaded
battery because the frequency changed in large discrete jumps.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA