Re: Tracking Oscar 52 with Nova

On 11 May 2005 at 18:58, Scott Avery WA6LIE wrote:

> Here are the latest keps from Space-Track

> It boggles my mind that a lot of people can't find and or use/apply
> the 2line keps.
> Try Stsplus... it is DOS format, and EASY to use.
> OOPS.. scratch that, you have to set up your location update
manually etc...
> Will show Doppler, but will not interface to your radio. At least
it is very
> accurate and shows you where it is and going to be...
> Not as EASY as NOVA, Satscape, Ham Radio Deluxe etc...

I use NOVA to have accurate to a minute pass predictions.
I use satscape for his graphics to show off  the gallery even if he
bugs in 3D modes.
I use orbitron for his "intelligent" interface who runs hidden and
prompt us when a satellite is in view.
I finally rely on STSPLUS as a space navigating tool... it give's me
even doppler correction for both uplinks and downlinks.in real time.

The next step hunting for a program who will drive my rotors and
correct doppler.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
AMSAT 33583