Re: Doppler Control with 847 and Ham Radio Deluxe

At 11:42 AM 5/11/2005 -0500, ka5sma@bellsouth.net wrote:
>Am using Ham Radio Deluxe.with 847 for Doppler shift control.the software
>changes.the up and downlink freq on 847 but never hear my downlink unless I
>adjust manually..>?? I put in the center of the passband.. 145.900 and
>435.250 for HamSat for example.anyone have any suggestions..??
>
>Mike KA5SMA
>----

Mike,

I asked the same question and thought Bill, VE7WFG, replied to the list, as
well.  I will repeat his suggestion:

"As far as Hamsat (VO-52) goes this is what I am doing my Tx is 435.2485
LSB and my Rx is 145.9025 USB.
Now you might have to +/- a little bit but that should get you close.

I hope this helps Ed to get you where you want to be the thing to remember
is that the transponder is inverted as the rx frequency
increases the tx frequency decreases."

I am going to preset my radio with these numbers to see if I am close at
satellite encounter (AOS).  Doppler should be maximum in the plus side then
and drop as the pass continues.  This means that I will need to increase my
Tx frequency to keep on one downlink frequency (remember that Doppler
effects invert in the satellite).

Hope this helps you.

73's,
Ed - KL7UW  <new call>