Kenwwod 2000 and predict and gsat

I am installing a TS2000 and have a few Qs

Q1
If I use the auto trace on the Kenwood will it correct properly for doppler?
It seems that if it just keeps the difference between the TX and RX the same
it will not be adjusting for doppler as the difference will change dependant
on the position of the bird relative to the ground station.

Q2
Does anyone have a plugin for Gsat under Linux for the TS 2000?  This would
seem to be a better way as it properly accounts for doppler right thru the
pass.

Sorry if this this old hat but I have only had my call for 4 months.

Thanks..
--
73

Jack Swart