From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf
Of Joseph Trombino Jr
Sent: May 11, 2005 9:01 AM
To: ka5sma@bellsouth.net
Cc: AMSAT
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Operatiing Procedure on HamSat

----- Original Message -----
From: <ka5sma@bellsouth.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:39 PM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Operatiing Procedure on HamSat

>I have been working satellites for almost 20 years.and we have always
> followed the following procedure on the birds:
>
> When working the LEO satellites...CHANGE ONLY  YOUR UPLINK FREQ WITH
> DOPPLER....
> Keep your downlink frequency constant....if you dont all qsos will be
> running into each other..
> That is what is currently happening on HamSat ..
> Mike Miller KA5SMA

Howdy Mike and fellow Amsaters:

I haven't been on a satellite since AO40's demise but in past years the
convention has been to adjust the frequency more susceptible to doppler be
it uplink or downlink....this normally being the higher frequency of the
two.

Has something changed during my "satellite" absence???

                                    73, Joe W2KJ
                                    Amsat 29592