SSB-FM Mode

Hello All,

I really enjoyed the SSB-FM mode tonight .  It was a lot of fun.  There were
many stations.  Interesting observation from my location in EM 89 on the
almost overhead pass 0240Z.  When the bird was rising I worked KO4MA and
VE3NPC with my transmitter in USB.  However after it passed overhead, I
could hear myself in what seemed to be the wrong sideband so I switched to
LSB and worked KB2YCC and VE4NSA.

Does anyone have an idea as to why I had to make the change?  I noticed that
there were a lot of other stations in what seemed to be the wrong sideband,
but I suspect they were experiencing a similar phenomena.

I'd love to hear a good explanation.

73 's and thanks to the command team for a good PM.

Jeff
KA8HQL