Re: Which sat is it ??

Oops - missed the other questions...

>Did you just run the tracking program in simulation mode and
>set the time *AND* display all satellites ??

Yes, but I only display the amateur satellites.  CW is a giveaway that it
was an amateur satellite.

>Or did you just happen to know which one it was !!

FO-29 was my first guess because of your report of CW activity and the
frequency you gave.  I guess it's second nature now.

>I've just got a lot to learn yet !!

Although it may not seem easy now, it will be over time.  It's rocket
science, but you don't need to know how to build a satellite in order to
use it.  It's helpful if you know something about how it was built, but the
user skills are easy to master if you spend the time to read the lit.

BTW - one remark on your crossed dipoles.  I like those antennas for many
uses, but for most satellites its better to have gain antennas.  You can
compensate somewhat by using a preamp at the antenna, but even a small Yagi
will give you better performance.

73,

Emily

W0EEC - CM87tm