Hamsat Frequencies - Where to start tracking

Hi,

Perhaps this has been already discussed, but I just got my satellite array
re-hooked up this weekend.

Using the center of the Hamsat passband 145.300 Rx and 435.250 Tx,  where
would one best set the Tx frequency to be close for the beginning of a
pass?  This would be taking Doppler into consideration.

If I could program my radio for the nominal start frequency, I could find
my uplink faster with less interference.
For AO-40 a handy nomograph was developed that gave this by the orbit
position (MA), but I would guess this is too soon for such to be developed.

I was lucky this weekend to hear myself briefly but it was around mid-pass
and I failed to note the uplink freq.

Last night I did hear VE3WFG clearly on a mostly pacific pass.  My attempt
to net his frequency failed miserably!
I suspect I am not the only newcomer to this satellite that could benefit
from the experience of you that are successfully working Hamsat.

BTW I am using a 3-elem Arrow for Rx and 3/4WL whip on ground plane for Tx
(about 5w at the antenna).  I may try a pass using my 11-elem 432 yagi but
will have to reduce power to min (0.7w at antenna).

Thanks,
73's,
Ed - KL7UW  <new call>