Re: Fw: Field Day Satellite rules

That's not the setup ("maximal satellite station") I
run at Field Day. My son adjusts the rotors manually,
and I correct for the Doppler manually, NO automation
other than the laptop running the tracking software.
I've also setup a minimal station, with eggbeaters and
preamps, but people wanted to see a more complex
station, so I brought out my az/el rotors and crossed
Yagis. I have stacks of handouts (Working the Easy
Sats, Satellite Resource Guide, AMSAT membership
forms, etc), and I usually spend more time
*explaining* Amateur Satellites than I do *operating*
them. I could easily set up a
"point-and-click-and-yak" satellite station, but I
don't. I have a very simple station compared to the
microwave/packet/ATV/APRS guys who come out every
year.