RE: Fw: Field Day Satellite rules

Oh I work them at home using my terrestrial VHF/UHF
antennas/preamps without any problem. I just pick
passes that aren't too high, and get through them
quite well, with minimal antenna adjustment. I only
bring out the G-5500 and circular-pole Yagis on Field
Day. My son runs the rotors, and I correct the Doppler
manually, and we both have a ball. By 'turned off', I
meant that the people who see us operate get
intimidated by the tracking software on the computer,
and the two of us manually running everything. For
somebody used to HF, or seeing a hand-held and Arrow
Antenna as a satellite station, the sight of an
FT-847, with a PC running WinOrbit or Predict/GSat,
and a set of crossed Yagis on an az/el rotor, looks
pretty complicated. I didn't mean to imply they were
'hard' to work, just 'different' compared to what most
people think of as "Ham radio".