[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]
Re: HAMSAT portable success
- Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: HAMSAT portable success
- From: Wayne Estes <w9ae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 21:18:46 -0500
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=simple; s=test1; d=earthlink.net; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Accept-Language:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=AwzOG3dGBBufgEds0DUmCqU/75IEzHMbaD2h0tblwn24MRCREhYK21srk+Fx3eu6;
- In-Reply-To: <200505080239.j482d0sJ046486@amsat.org>
- User-Agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.2 (Windows/20050317)
I've never been a big fan of tripods for Arrows, but with this setup it
may be mandatory. The problem is when you need to tune, talk and point
all at the same time.
Drew, you might want to consider putting a PTT switch on the handle of
the Arrow antenna. And use a headset. That would leave one hand free
all the time to operate the radio.
Mundelein, IL, USA
Sent via email@example.com. Opinions expressed are those of the author.
Not an AMSAT member? Join now to support the amateur satellite program!
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org