Echo on FD

Whose brillant idea was it to put AO-51 on V/S mode for Field Day?  Mode
U/S I could understand but not V/S. Are these the same idiots who decided
we users didn't need an easy to view/understand op grid schedule on the
Amsat welcome page?

My S Band downconverter does have a 2m IF. I had not intended to be on any
S band sats for FD this year and guess now i won't be on Echo either. Oh
well there is Hamsat and FO-29 and SO-50, enough to keep me busy.

There is enough trouble to haul the satellite gear out to FD but now
someone in Amsat decides to make it even a greater burden. Guess I am
staying home this year and operate out of my backyard, a better site
anyway, all things considered for field Day this year.

Les
W4SCO