Re: Hamsat, Nice!

Hi Hasan,

Yes, thank you for the contact!  I was truly appreciating the full automated station control on that pass.

The only downfall is that when I *do* have to actually twist a knob on the TS-2000x, I sometimes adjust the wrong one ;)

Hope to work you again and many others as well.  It is wonderful to hear so much activity on one bird at the same time.

73,

Mark N8MH

At 11:01 PM 5/6/2005 -0500, hasan schiers wrote:
>Very big signals and excellent audio quality on Hamsat at the 10:13 p.m. pass this evening (Fri).
>
>Chatted with N8MH and K0VTY, heard many more.
>
>I forgot how busy it is to operate two rotors and doppler correction at the same time while trying to chat!
>
>I used a 4 el quad (vert polarization) on the downlink and an 8 el quad (vert polarization) on the uplink with my FT-847. I also had an in-shack gasfet preamp running.
>
>With the noise level at S 0.5, signals were 5x7 on many signals.
>
>Tomorrow I'll have to measure passband noise.
>
>Sure is nice to have an SSB/CW bird back in space, congrats Amsat India!!!
>
>...hasan, N0AN ----

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]