Eyeball with Chairman and Hamsat update

Hi All,

We are happy to say that the Hamsat is in good health.

This afternoon, the President of Amsat India VU2UV Air Cmde Suby, Vice
President VU2RMS Ramesh, Secretary VU2POP "Pop" met the Chairman of
ISRO, Mr. Madhavan Nair at ISRO HQ to congratulate him for the successful
launch and offer our sincere gratitude for the dedication of Hamsat to the
HAM
community.

He was very gracious to say that "You (Amsat India) should build the
complete Satellite in future" Inspite of his busy schedules, on his way
to the Capital and caught between number of other visitors at his HQ, he
was very kind enough to have a simple meeting with us (Amsat India).
On behalf of the Hams WE THANK YOU SIR.

A frantic call was on for me later to report evaluations for the next
passes and I rushed home to listen to the beacon signals and uplinked on the
lowest elevation pass at about 6 deg and heard myself and a few hams
reported
the signals too.

On the following passes I tried FM, SSB, and CW modes which was
reported good by VU2WMY at ISTRAC and other stations like VU3TYG, VU2YE,
VU2HFR.

I once again thank all the hams who stood by this venture and continue
to  stand by and support future ventures of AMSAT INDIA.

Good luck tracking and working the HAMSAT. We are eager to receive more
reports hams across the world. Please do send the reports to
reports@amsat.in

Best 73
Pop
VU2POP