Re: Hamsat signals

Joseph Trombino Jr wrote:
>> From what I have been reading on the reflector, it appears that some hams
>
> have been transmitting thru the new Hamsat satellite.
>
> Isn't it usual custom to wait until the formal commissioning of the
> satellite by the launch group before the satellite is actually used by
> hams???
>
> Or has the satellite been comissioned already???  Or am I just
> misreading some of the postings???
>
> Just wondering.
>
>                                73, Joe W2KJ

Joe, you probably right that we should be waiting, certainly if
there is concern that the batteries might not be fully charged.
The 1700 UTC pass here in the West was like twenty meters with
many stations on.  Seven were worked in twelve minutes from
Anchorage to Tuscon.  No FM, no distortion, just good signals!!
Cliff K7RR