Hamsat signals

>From what I have been reading on the reflector, it appears that some hams
have been transmitting thru the new Hamsat satellite.

Isn't it usual custom to wait until the formal commissioning of the
satellite by the launch group before the satellite is actually used by
hams???

Or has the satellite been comissioned already???  Or am I just misreading
some of the postings???

Just wondering.

                                73, Joe W2KJ
                                Amsat 29592