Re: Re: HAMSAT uplink/downlink--please confirm

Hello Erich,

My experiences are almost exactly as yours--I think mine is offset maybe 400 Hz?  It worked very, very well.  Thanks to K04MA for a nice "ragchew" QSO!  What a nice bird.

Many thanks to AMSAT-India and the many other supporters.

73,

Mark N8MH

> From: "Erich Eichmann" <erich.eichmann@t-online.de>
> Date: 2005/05/06 Fri PM 12:50:52 EDT
> To: "Mark L. Hammond" <mlhammond@charter.net>
> CC: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
> Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] HAMSAT uplink/downlink--please confirm
>
> Hello Mark,
> I had  a nice contact with ES1RF in one of the today's passes of HAMSAT.
> I entered 145900 for downlink and 435250 for uplink in my file Doppler.SQF.
> With this frequency pair I heard immediately my signal when I switched to
> HAMSAT. I had then to correct my uplink by 300 Hz for best audio pitch of my
> own signal with my FT-847. So, my frequency pair for HAMSAT looks as
> follows:
>
> HAMSAT,145900,435250.3,USB,LSB,REV,0,0
>
> Maybe that with other radios the uplink frequency  needs to be changed by a
> few hundred Hertz due to hardware depending deviations.
>
> vy 73s, Erich, DK1TB

Mark L. Hammond    [N8MH]