Hamsat pass results and suggestion

Just worked N8MH, K3SZH, W9ADT, W0OQC, K5QXJ, and XE2AT on HAMsat from 1625 to 1632Z. Satellite is quite strong and sounds good, except for some big jumps on level, maybe too much on the uplink somewhere? I was operating from home with <5 watts. Not much power is needed!

After the pass I jumped over to AO-51 and realized I had been downlinking thru Hamsat on or about 920-923, right on AO-51's uplink. I apologize if that affected anyone using AO-51. Perhaps when the footprints of the 2 satellites cross we should avoid that area of the transponder on HAMsat.

73, Drew KO4MA

P.S. There will most certainly be AMSAT demonstrations of this new satellite at the Dayton hamfest. I'll post times when the keps settle down a little bit.