Re:Lithium Ion batts

Tim

The Eurostar 3000 platform, developed and built by EADS Astrium uses Lithium
Ion batteries.  The E3000 platform is very big, expensive and is designed for
big communications payloads intended primarily for geostationary orbits.
There have been a number satellites launched using the E3000 platform over the
last couple of years, and as far as I know all have been very sucessful to date.

I think HAMSAT is the first amateur satellite using LI batteries.

73

Grant  G8UBN