Hamsat heard!!!

Hellò Everybody!

Just heard Hamsat in South Italy during the 09:39 GMT pass...

The Sat was accessible for a great part of the pass, even for me, just using
a Vertical collinear dual band antenna... this is great!

Please bear with me if I've made some noise... I'm still new with this
stuff, and the LSB/USB thing was driving me crazy, but I have to learn! :-)

BTW, when I've let the computer control the doppler shift I always had too
high pitched voice on the downlink... may this be due to the keps not very
accurate at this time?

Trying to track by hand was very difficult, but I managed to hear my calls
on the downlink... nobody seemed to be there anyway :-(

Will be trying again later today

Congratulations to the Team and 73 to all

See ya on the bird!

Joe, IW7ECJ