Thank you ISRO

AMSAT INDIA thanks ISRO

Amsat India the organization of Hams for Indian Amateur Satellite Programme
congraulates ISRO for the successful launch of Hamsat today 05-05-05  at
10.20 and injection of the Hamsat on schedule
We thank ISRO  for dedicating an exclusive satellite for HAMS, which will
benefit the hams not only in India but all International Hams operating the
satellite modes.

We specially thank Dr Kasturirangan the former chairman of ISRO for kindling
the Indian Ham Sat program in 1998 at one of our All India Hamfest meet. in
Bangalore His statement  that the Indian Hams could think of a Hamsat of its
own encouraged us to form an association of Amsat India which co-ordinated
the Hamsat  project and the hard work and encouragement by the present
Chairman Mr Madhavan Nair,  Centre Director Mr Goel, Program Dir Mr
Thygarajan, Project Dir Mr J P Gupta,  Div heads and the Upagrah Amateur
Radio Club in ISRO in realizing the project.

Hams in India and world will be indebted to ISRO for the dedication to
Hamsat

Hams from all over the world are sending in their congratulatory greetings
for the sucessful launch and eagerly awaiting the opening of the
transponders for ham use. About which we will inform you on our web page or
on these groups after hearing from ISTRAC.

Hamsat will certainly become the most populat LEO sat after UO-14

At the recent prelaunch meet in ISRO,  Amsat India regd was encouraged to
continue with the next series of Hamsat projects.  Amsat India has worked
out the test plan for the new transponder design in the coming weeks.

More info on our web pages  www.amsatindia.com  & www.amsat.in
VU2POP "Pop'
Secretary Amsat India regd.