Re: HAMSAT launch was 100% successfull

At 05:26 AM 5/5/2005 -0700, William Leijenaar wrote:
>Hi AMSATs around the world,
>
>I am just back from a 2.5hr drive from Shriharikota
>launch place.
>
>There I witness the launch of the PSLV-C6 with with
>the naked-eye at 5km distance and the launch went
>successfull for all 100% :o)
>
>All four rocket stages ignited and seperated as
>planned, and without any deviation from the predicted
>plan. It was very interresting to see how my radio
>finally went into space. It is the best hamradio
>experience I ever done in my life.
>
>The latest news I have is that the onboard computer
>showed that the batteries and solar panels work
>normal. HAMSAT is spinning at 1.5RPM and will be
>increased to 4RPM. When this is done the main
>transponder will be switched on, and a few days later
>the Dutch transponder will be switched on.
>
>We just are a few days away from "CQ CQ HAMSAT" qso's.
>
>When HAMSAT is released for ham use, the ISRO will
>open a webpage and publish the actual data and
>keplers.
>This will be known to the world...
>
>Tommorrow morning I leave to Bangalore where is the
>ISRO groundstation. There I will wait to hear the
>first signals from my radio...
>
>I hope HAMSAT will work okay and for long time, so it
>can be in service for the world-wide ham community.
>I am looking forward to any report from you...
>
>73,
>William Leijenaar
>PE1RAH ,with my radio in space now :o)

Congradulations, William!

I can imagine your feelings.  I am now motivated to getting my station back
into service after the long winter.  Perhaps, I will get my mode-S system
back on and run some cables to the mode-V and U antenna.  Last week, I set
up my antenna with cable to 1296-MHz equipment in the shack vs. at the
antenna that I had done in the past.  I could substitute the 1268 Tx
converter quite easily.  I am looking forward to operating on the linear
transponders on Hamsat.

Again my best to you and the Hamsat crew on a job well done.

73's,
Ed - KL7UW  <new call>