Re: AO-51 Control Team News

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Price" <N4QWF@NTELOS.NET>
To: "Steve Meuse" <smeuse@mara.org>
Cc: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO-51 Control Team News

>I bet there is a reason too. Why can't we know? I did the send the money
>when they for it. 73's << John
snip!>>
>>I'm willing to bet that they had a specific reason and not just on a whim.
>>
>>-Steve
>>N1JFU

Hi All,
  how soon we all forget,
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/100day/msg47606.html  and
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/100day/msg47867.html, I believe
that the grid was originally Emily's idea, I do not know how involved the
command team was to start with on the whole grid thing.

 Now Emily's last note ...  labeled "Control team news"
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/archive/amsat-bb/100day/msg48784.html was not
from the control team but from Emily, the wording was somewhat odd...

"Please do not email me about this change - this was a decision made
apparently by the AO-51 control team."

apparently???   either the control team requested it be dropped or not...
My guess is this a internal tiff that has gone public....

73
Kevin
WA6FWF
#19623