Re: Tower height

I agree. I have worked AO-51, FO-29, and SO-29 from an antenna array about
15 feet above the ground. When the leaves are down I can go thru at angles
as low as 8 degrees in most directions.Now my angles increase to 25-30
degrees in spots.The pines (which block S band are coming out here and
there (another 14 this month).  I will only use a crank up tower anyway, I
don't intend to climb at my young age of 56. Even two crossing pattern low
towers one on each side of the house will give me good views of the sky.

The idea about mounting the antennas on top of one of the trees is
interesting, if you will come here to climb it when it needs adjusting.
Have you ever watched 110 ft tall trees sway in a storm?  They really move
at the top, much more than a tower would.

Les