From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org] On
Behalf Of Andrew Glasbrenner
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 3:40 PM
To: Piero Calvi-Parisetti; amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] AO7

I have seen on a few occasions where the satellite was in Mode B and an
extremely strong uplink signal caused the entire downlink to FM, and the
satellite signal disappeared. The following is speculation based on
observation. What may be happening is that with a poor illumination due
to either angle or spin, or some other factor, a user is drawing the
voltage down enough to cause a "reset" like a mini eclipse. The
satellite may or may not restart in a different mode (there are 4 if I
recall, A, B, C which is low power B, and D which is some combination of
beacons). Next time it happens I'd be curious if anyone hears it come up
in another mode immediately.

73, Drew KO4MA