Re: AO-51 contacts and QSL info.

On 30 Apr 2005 at 2:51, NCC-1701E wrote:

Hi Ernest

I found some answers in your own text.

> Dear members:
> As I read the info on the Echo site, It has come time to say a few
words about all the high powered stations accessing AO-51 and
stomping the daylights out of the HT users.

This phenomenon exist in the past, you experiment it actually, and
it's will be there tomorrow. You wrote "> I'll just have to do what I
can with what I have" That's exactly what we all do.

> I was hoping there would be some form of "gentlemen's" agreement on
high power to access this particular bird,

To enforced this "gentlemen's" agreement on the late AO-40 they
implemented LEILA to refrain the high powered stations and even with
LEILA the problem still existed.

> 50+ watts ERP or greater in my view, is not keeping with the
'spirit' of low powered use of this satellite, and it makes it almost
impossible to make a QSO with a station that is 6 degrees above the
northern horizon while a big gun is calling from 6 degrees on the
southern horizon and still
> blowing me out of the water so I can't hear this northern contact
return my call.

Even on a transponder satellite if you can make a QSY to avoid any
QRM you are "very limited" on a one channel satellite. You are also
very limited in time due to the fact it is a 10 minutes pass
satellite you cannot wait hoping the channel will cleared in the next
hours.That's why many of of still believe we should have HEO sat's.

> I'm not an AMSAT member yet, but will be very soon though.
> From what I have read about AO-51, this is 'supposed' to be an easy
sat for HT users to access, yet I have found this to be quite the
opposite many times.

Joined the group this will give you  a virtual pass to wrote on AMSAT-
BB and this should normally help in the satellite mission but you
will have to added direct donations as i think and i will come on
this later. In short your membership alone cannot put any satellite
in the space.

"this is 'supposed' to be an easy sat for HT users to access" You
turn the knife in the plea... Virtually speaking it was supposed to
be but the fact that some on experimenters wednesday QRP session can
access the sat with low power make it an "easy sat".

Is the glass is half full or half empty? that's depend of your way of
thinking.

What's next? you refer to the Borgs "resistance is futile you will be
assimilated" A new indian satellite with a transponder will come soon
and thank's to Willliam Leijenaar PE1RAH btw here just to boost my
international look ;)... I dont know who pay him his expenses he
never asked for any support?  Joke aside when he cut he should bleed
satellites thank's again William and fingers crossed for the next
launch.

AMSAT-DL P3E is also coming soon EAGLE in on the drawing board with
the FULL support of the BOD of AMSAT-NA. It is the prime focus and
all the energys are actually focused on this project. Virtually
speaking even in kind efforts are collected to virtually show the
crowd how strong AMSAT-NA is driving toward EAGLE. I'm sure as a new
AMSAT-NA member you will not be dissapointed.

Did i should use more punctuation here? sorry but my english is very
limited...

Your inputs and experiences are valuable Ernest and i personally
found them enlighting.

Returning under my rock.

"-"
Even worse than not being informed is to believe that you are

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
This a personnal opinion not from a Quebec  AMSAT area
coordonnator...
AMSAT 33583
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe