Re: Re: [bod] SK -- Phil Morrison, ex-W8FIS

   I don't remember Philip or Phylis, but my mother knew them during his
UC Berkeley days. According to her, he was an absolutely wonderful man.
She related a story about Philip, who claimed he was the only physicist he
knew who could build a radio, building a page-turning apparatus for Louis
Slotin, after Slotin's fatal accident at Los Alamos, so that Louis could
read during that time in the hospital before his death. Philip was a true
man of compassion.
   Here is the obituary from the San Francisco Chronicle URL:
 http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/04/27/BAG21CG0KC1.DTL

       Philip Morrison -- scientist with social conscience
       David Perlman, Chronicle Science Editor
       Wednesday, April 27, 2005, Page B - 7, ©2005 San Francisco Chronicle

73,
George Maurer
k6ite@amsat.org