Indian HAMSAT satellite news

Hi AMSATs,

As many of you know, the launch of the Indian HAMSAT
is comming closer. We still have to wait a while but
not to long.

In 2 days I will leaving to India to see the launch of
HAMSAT with my transponder on it. From the last
contact I can tell that HAMSAT is doing great, and
that it is already mounted on the rocket. In the next
few days the rocket will be transported to the launch
place, where it finally will be launched on the 5th of
May.

After the launch HAMSAT will first be checked by the
ISRO ground station. A few days after the launch one
of the transponders will be activated for the ham
users.
When all goes well I think this will be in the weekend
of 7/8 May. It might be not due to some (technical)
reasons, but it gives you a good reason to fix up your
antennas and listen for the new HAMSAT bird.

I will be in India at that time, without any rig. It
would be nice to hear signal reports from the HAMSAT
up/dwnlink. at any place of the world.

Lets hope that all goes well and that HAMSAT will be
fine for a long time,

HAMSAT frequencies:
-------------------
Indian transponder:
Uplink  : 435.225MHz to 435.275MHz LSB/CW
Downlink: 145.875MHz to 145.925MHz USB/CW
Beacom  : 145.940MHz continue carier signal

Dutch transponder:
Uplink  : 435.225MHz to 435.275MHz LSB/CW
Downlink: 145.875MHz to 145.925MHz USB/CW
Beacon  : 145.860MHz 12WPM with CW message

73
William Leijenaar
PE1RAH
---