Re: antenna polarisation question

Jack wrote:

> I am building an antenna system comprising:
>  2m crossed quad
>  70cm crossed quad
>  60cm S band dish fixed RHCP
>
> Both of the quad antennas can be remote switched to V, H, LHCP or RHCP
> polarasation.

That's a good way to do it.  By having H and V, you also retain the
ability to use the antennas for terrestrial use as well as satellite.

> Q:  Do I need to be able to have different polarisations on the uplink as
> well as the downlink or is switching them both to the same sense going to
> work?

Yes.  Have them separately switchable

> Does a bird that is being received RHCP for best signal need RHCP on the
> uplink or can it vary?

It can.  Sometimes one is better and sometimes the other is better.  The
uplink and downlink will not necessarily be the same...

--
73