Ron Broadbent MBE, G3AAJ, SK

I have now seen this reported on the AMSAT news daily reports,  so in case I
have missed it, I apologise now. I will sadly miss Ron and his  humorous jokes
in our AMSAT-UK OSCAR NEWS for many years.
God bless Ron, you was one of a kind as was Beryl

Chris
GW6KZZ
RSGB Honorary Vice-President Ron Broadbent, G3AAJ, Silent Key
Ron  Broadbent MBE, G3AAJ, died on 24 April at the age of 80. He was awarded
the MBE  for his services to amateur radio in 1995. Ron joined the RSGB at the
age of 19  and had been a member for over 61 years. He became involved with
amateur  satellites in the 1970s and by 1978 was secretary of AMSAT-UK, a post
he held  for 16 years. He was made an Honorary Vice-President of the RSGB in
1994.
Ron’s career was with Trinity House, attending to the UK's lighthouses and
lightships. He retired in 1985 but thereafter worked almost full-time, 12
hours
 a day, seven days a week and virtually for free for the amateur satellite
movement. One of his notable achievements was organising the AMSAT-UK
Colloquium  for over 10 years.A summary of some of Ron's achievements can be
found on
the _AMSAT-UK_ (http://www.uk.amsat.org/)  website.

Source RSGB news

73's