Pre amp use with arrow..

Scott:
Since I have a few days of real world use with the arrow, I do not yet know the exact isolation level between ports, and as such, I wanted to be sure there would be no extraneous RF from the transmitted signal on the UHF receive port that might be strong enough to take out the GaAs FET and ruin his QSO count.

I'd expect to 'assume' a >45dB isolation between ports, but I have yet to test this, and as such, would rather have erred on being safe over sorry.
And if the RF switched UHF pre amp did actuate on VHF transmit, then the amp would be okay, and would prove the isolation is poor and will cause too much desense to hear the downlink without a notch filter inline as well.

Thank you for the reply Scott!
I appreciate differing viewpoints and opinions.

73!

Ernest A. Erickson, ka9uce, EN55
3960 Moen lake Road
Rhinelander, WI. 54501