From: owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@amsat.org] On Behalf Of Freeman P. Pascal IV
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:50 AM
To: Edward R. Cole
Cc: ScottOlitsky@aol.com; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] EL84

I seem to remember from my Extra class studying that there is a prohibition
against working from national parks or monuments without first submitting
a written request and description of the operation to the facility
management.
The reasoning is to allow the facility to address any environmental impact
such operation may have.   If that is what the ranger was basing his
behavior
on then, he is correct.

I'll have to double check my study guide and get the part 97 section as a
reference.

-Freeman, N5FPP