Re: EL84

Very interesting.
What park were you in?

I'm not a definitive source, but I believe the Ranger is mis-informed.
I have done some Video work (Being a Broadcaster) around the
U.S. Capitol, White house and the Mall. And YES you DO need
some Fed and local Police permits to do that.
However.... as a HAM I have operated OSCAR with an Arrow from
on the MALL, with no problem. I'm not sure if these are "National
Parks".

The difference is the "Broadcast" service vs the "Amateur Radio
Service", two totally different things. He may have thought you
were "Broadcasting" for pay / profit, then the Park Service wants
it's "Cut" and some fees paid, or at least prior notification, and
then they direct you to specific spots to do that kind of activity.

Gary  N9UUR