Re: EL84

By FCC regulation amateur radio operators are prohibited from
'broadcasting'.  My guess is they're concerned about commercial
interests drawing large crowds.

97.113
(b) An amateur station shall not engage in any form of broadcasting, nor
may an amateur station transmit one-way communications except as
specifically provided in these rules; nor shall an amateur station
engage in any activity related to program production or news gathering
for broadcasting purposes, except that communications directly related
to the immediate safety of human life or the protection of property may
be provided by amateur stations to broadcasters for dissemination to the
public where no other means of communication is reasonably available
before or at the time of the event.

Hope this helps & good luck

73,
Lee-KU4OS