ref: preamp or not

Thanks for the responses. I will take it along. I have both the Kenwood
D-700 mobile and the THD7ae handheld. I will use the handheld  if it works.
Last year I tried working with a short 435 beam and a 2 meter vertical cut
to 19 inches. I had no luck with SO-50 and AO-27. Sure hope to better this
year. I will try to activate FM25 and 26. I don't think there are any sat
station in either. I don't have them anyway. FM26 is almost all in the
Atlantic. Well we will see. It should be fun trying. Thanks again for the