From: "Andrew Glasbrenner" <glasbrenner@mindspring.com>
To: "Patrick Green" <pagreen@gmail.com>; "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 6:56 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: Failed attempt on FO-29.

> Keep in mind you don't have to spend a lot of money to go full duplex. If
you have a spare 10m reveiver there is always the $50 Hamtronics receive
converter to give you all mode 435 receive. Good Luck and I look forward to
working you guys on FO-29 in the future.

> 73, Drew KO4MA

mode with the FT-897.  Use SatPC32 with a serial cable to the radio to allow
SatPC32 to tune the Doppler.  The SatPC32 tunes the Doppler (uplink and
downlink), AND it gives you "virtual" tracking VFOs to allow you to
painlessly change frequency.  Unfortunately, the software magic won't make
your radio full-duplex.  But SatPC32 will ensure that your uplink and
downlink frequencies "match" all the time, even after manually tuning across
the transponder.

http://www.dk1tb.de/indexeng.htm
http://www.amsat-na.com/item.php?id=100020