Re: Nova Computer Speed

I find the numbers interesting since on my AMD-1400 Nova only takes up 17
percent.

The biggest impacts are the update interval. If you have too many
satellites or are updating them too often they will drag your system down.

I track about a dozen satellites of interest and update every 300 msec.

73,

Emily

At 10:24 AM 4/24/2005 -0400, sco@sco-inc.com wrote:
>Nova on my Intel Pent 4 1.6 ghz office computer with 768 mb RAM runs much
>faster than does Nova on my AMD XP 2400+ computer with 2 ghz and 512 mb
>RAM in my shack.
>
>The AMD computer is taking 94-99 percent of my cpu while the Intel
>computer is only using 15 percent. Is there a setting i need to change in
>my new installation of Nova to reduce the cpu burden on my ham shack
>computer?  It has a Nividea video card in it. Or should I increase the
>amount of RAM?
>
>Les
>W4SCO
>----