Nova Computer Speed

Nova on my Intel Pent 4 1.6 ghz office computer with 768 mb RAM runs much
faster than does Nova on my AMD XP 2400+ computer with 2 ghz and 512 mb RAM
in my shack.

The AMD computer is taking 94-99 percent of my cpu while the Intel computer
is only using 15 percent. Is there a setting i need to change in my new
installation of Nova to reduce the cpu burden on my ham shack computer?  It
has a Nividea video card in it. Or should I increase the amount of RAM?

Les
W4SCO