Re: RE: Delivery Dates

sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> Freeman, for some reason your ISP thinks my email address is a
> spammer. My last email to you was rejected but there was no way
> mentioned to report the error to your ISP.

Odd, I don't really have an ISP.  My domain is hosted on a friends
system since
I don't have a dedicated connection with a static IP address.  Who's
your ISP?
Could you forward me the failure message?

>> If this is the route you are taking then be sure to purchase the
>> chormolly
>> mast, or at the very least the reinforced mast.  Check with US-Towers
>> on the load capacity of the mast that sticks out above the tower.
>

> I think that is a good idea. I have asked US Towers what they think of
> my proposed idea.
>
>> I would still recommend looking at the HDX version of the tower, as I
>> have.
>> You can save a bit of money on the tower buy purchasing through one of
>> US-Towers dealers (like Texas Towers).  I've noticed a $500 to $800
>> price
>> difference between the prices on US Towers web site and Texas Towers
>> quotes.
>

> I agree. HRO is several hundred dollars lower. But the extra cost of a
> HDX tower is about the same as two separate TX towers (55 ft for HF
> and 72 ft for sat). Then I would have no big advantage of using just
> one tower. The M2 Orion 2800 AZ rotor can handle 35 sq ft so it should
> handle the extra windload of the mast and small satellite array. If I
> leave the tower down at the 23 ft height, except when i am using it I
> still think (on paper) that would be more than adequate???

I would talk to an engineer at US Tower.  They can tell you if you are
doing anything potentially dangerous or out of spec of the tower.

One thing I forgot to mention that surprised me and almost killed my
plans for tower was the shipping cost quoted by Texas Towers for my
original TX-455.  The tower is shipped from the manufacturer in
Kansas - the shipping cost was $1025!  Just be aware that the shipping
cost is significant.

-Freeman, N5FPP