Re: RE: Delivery Dates

sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
> Several hams have been giving me feedback on my ideas.
>
> The main concern raised seems to be about the windload rating of the
> tower. IF I have the Force-12 C-3SS yagi (4.4 sq ft) at about one foot
> up a strong mast on top of your 72 ft tower (TX-472MDP), turned by the
> M2 Orion 2800P-DC rotor ... then mount my small satellite array (about
> 5 sq ft) at the top of the mast (10-15 ft height) using the M2 MT-1000
> EL rotor, about 7-10 feet higher than the HF yagi, what windload rated
> tower do i need?

If this is the route you are taking then be sure to purchase the chormolly
mast, or at the very least the reinforced mast.  Check with US-Towers
on the load capacity of the mast that sticks out above the tower.

> Will a 18 sq ft tower still safely do the job for me (TX-472MDP)?
> Assume that I will raise and lower the tower before and after each use
> using your remote control from the shack.

I would still recommend looking at the HDX version of the tower, as I have.
You can save a bit of money on the tower buy purchasing through one of
US-Towers dealers (like Texas Towers).  I've noticed a $500 to $800 price
difference between the prices on US Towers web site and Texas Towers
quotes.

> How far down inside the tower does the mast go to the rotor plate?

The rotor mouting is five foot from the top of the tower.  Be sure to
purchase
the thrust bearing.