re: Icom 970 question

I have 1.2 GHz and 2.4 GHz modules in my IC-970A. The only problem I encountered was a cold solder joint on a voltage regulator inside the 1.2 GHz module. When I installed the unit, it worked only very intermittently. The display would just blank out! After I fixed the solder, it has worked well. Mine was a like new unit with original packing. I wonder if the seller knew of the problem. Perhaps he was the one badmouthing them!!