Re: Wimo Antennas

Hans Hopstaken wrote:
> Hello Mike and others,
>
> I used the Wimo 13-40 type helical. It has good performance and is very
> well made (German quality!!).
> Even made a qso via AO-40 with it while the helical was standing before
> my attic window.
> Should work extremely well with AO-51.
> Good luck.
>
> Hans, pa0hop

Hans, I remember well that QSO!!  I was one of the stations you worked
on AO-40.  W6HDO was the call in use at that time.  There was a German
station run by a youngster that stood in the bathtub while aiming his
antenna out the window in the same fashion.  Great operating story!
Cliff K7RR    LM1606