  From: Bill Booth
  To: Amsat-bb@amsat.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:23 AM
  Subject: [amsat-bb] Icom 970 question

  I have a 970A unit that I never upgraded over the years.  I have been
  offered a 1.2 GHz unit for this unit.  There have been some references over
  the years about the 1.2 unit being of bad design and not standing up to
  normal operating conditions.

  Has anyone had any good or bad experiences they would like to share about
  the add in unit for 1.2 GHz.

  Bill Booth VE3NXK
  Sundridge ON, Canada
  79.23.37 W x 45.46.18 N