Re: Failed attempt on FO-29.

Pat,

Although I operate full-duplex, this is how I would approach FO-29 with your set-up.

Like a lot of people, I do not use doppler correction. I leave my transmit on a fixed frequency and tune my receiver down frequency to follow the QSO drift.

Set your uplink at 146.960. Your downlink will come down about 435.840  and start drifting downward. You will be below the the crowded center of the pass band.  Chances are good that somebody will hear you. If you are too close to the edge of the pass band, your chance that someone hears you gets less.

Announce in the CQ and to the station that you are half duplex. Since you have different dopplers, You will have to hunt each other after each transmission (You will not be able to hear your downlink and zero beat his/her frequency ).

If your lucky and dopplers are close to the same, you will just track each other down frequency.

There is some CW in this area, but they will hear you and just move over. There is plenty of room.

GL and enjoy FO-29

Mike
K9QHO

-------------- Original message from Patrick Green <pagreen@gmail.com>: --------------