Icom AG 2400 down converter

I realise I've done this the wrong way around , but I've just bought an
Icom AG 2400 downconverter/preamp and was wondering what opinions are on
the unit. I have 2 AIDC units already but liked the idea of using my IC
910 for all sat operations ( I have the 23 cms unit fitted)
I have been told that using the AG2400 with the 23 cms installed, the
down converter display automatically comes out on 430 mhz, not on 144
mhz as it is in use driving the transverter.
Can ayone confirm this ( nothing is installled here yet ) and offer any
opinions on the AG2400 in  general. ?
Many thanks all
CU on VUsat soon
73 de Keith