Re: RARSFest a Success!

Thanks to you Eric for providing the motivation to do it!  I must admit that it was more fun than I had expected.

Sadly, the turn out for the hamfest was sparse compared to previous years...I guess eBay and online purchasing has been taking a bite out of the smaller fests.

Helpful hint--I stuck up 60 cm G3RUH dish + patch + k5GNA downconverter on a 5 ' pole and actually hooked it up to my HT.  It drew in quite a few people just as a "conversation piece."  The Arrow antenna in the roll-up bag received lots of attention, too.  I made small signs that said what bands they covered, etc.  Others might like this tactic.

Anyhow, will all the nice AMSAT merchandise and sign, we had a decent little table.

Hope we can do it again at another nearby hamfest soon, Eric!

73,

Mark N8MH