Re: G-5400B maintenance - Warning

If you suspect a dirty or worn Potentiometer, then take care to either
switch the rotator off every time you leave the station or better still replace  it
ASAP.
The reason is, that if the rotator starts hunting, back and forth, trying  to
find the proper (set) direction you will probably exceed the time that the
motor can operate without overheating!
This could result in a burnt out motor and an expensive  replacement.
How do I know this? Well it happened to me!  Fortunately I do keep a  second
(spare) rotator so I was only off the air for a  short time.

73
Robin Haighton VE3FRH
Past President AMSAT-NA